Monday, July 21, 2014

DIY: Sugar Scrub

I love fruffie soaps, bath salts, body sprays, the whole nine yards! Especially those luscious body scrubs for summer. They are great for exfoliating dead skin and moisturizing. Except that fruffie body scrubs come at a steep price that this broke college girl can't afford! So what's a crafty girl to do? Make it herself!




I got the basic recipe from UCreate (check out the recipe here. I made the Honey & Brown Sugar scrub)  You use 1 cup sugar with 1/4 cup of oil. I used olive oil but you can use almond or coconut. Depending on what sugar you use (brown, white or raw) is what you use the scrub for. White for facial scrubs, brown for an all over body scrub while raw sugar is coarsest for feet and hands. I made a brown sugar scrub (it was all we had and Momma has yet to grocery shop...) I used it on my feet when I gave myself a pedicure. It did miracles for my feet! You can add fragrances and coloring too.

  

DIY details:
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract 
1 tsp. honey

Combine all the ingredients and store in an airtight container. I used a Mason jar for mine. The sugar scrub is good for about 2-3 months.

Summary:
The sugar you use will determine what you use the scrub for....
White = facial
Brown = body 
Raw = hands and feet 

The basic recipe is 1 cup sugar to 1/4 cup oil. If adding fragrances, use 4-5 drops of essential oil. 

Let me know what combinations y'all use!

Love, 
Ems

No comments:

Post a Comment