Saturday, May 17, 2014

Updates on life

So, after multiple people reminding me I needed to post I figured it was time for an update! (Thank you Steve and Veronica B. ;D)






 Well, I have to say life has been a whirlwind. The beginning of this year I started my bachelor degree of Mass Communications and minor of Computer Science at Fayetteville State University. I finished this semester with a 3.6 GPA so I am very happy with myself.  I absolutely love my school! The teachers and curriculum are phenomenal and it is a great place to be. I chose to stay at home and go to a local school for multiple reasons. Cost and my jobs. I currently work at Dunkin Donuts and for Beasley Broadcast Group Inc (a radio broadcasting company). I work primarily with the country station, doing production work. It is amazing!! Broadcasting production is truly my dream job and I am beyond thankful that the company hired me. It is a lot of work but it is so worth it! Many times I get tickets to local concerts (so far I have been to Jason Aldean/Florida Georgia Line and Darius Rucker/Eli Young Band) I also get to meet a lot of upcoming artists and big name artists as well!!


With Larry and getting hit on by one of the guys from the Brothers Osborne!

Meeting/filming the Eli Young Band  


I have also started competing in rock climbing competitions. I have done two so far and placed in both of them! I decided to get into rock climbing because my brother works at our local climbing gym and there are mutplecompetitions throughout the year, so it was a perfect fit for me. 

Bouldering at my first comp!
 I have not worked on any big projects lately... I still knit the preemie hat/booty sets to donate to our local hospital. I have picked up spinning on the drop spindle and love it! I feel so creative being able to choose colors to spin the my yarn exactly how I want it to look. Right now I am spinning a green/blue/purple Merino roving that is just such a lush color! I am thinking of knitting a wrap when I finish it... We shall see!!

Sadly, life has had its lows as well.... It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that Alex and I are no longer together. Things happened that was obvious we no longer needed to be together. I truly hoped we could work things out, but Alex felt otherwise. I was hurt over the break up. I had spent almost three years thinking that he was the one I was going to spend the rest of my life with. However, it was not meant to be. There were major character flaws that I did not see until a situation arose and it was clear the relationship needed to end. While I am hurt over it and still having to deal with deep emotional scaring he left me with, I wish him the best in life. Throughout this, I have learned what it means to forgive and to let go of my right to be hurt. I was not perfect in the relationship and could have done a lot better. 

So Alex, if you are reading this by chance, I hope that you will forgive me for the wrongs I did you while we were together. I ask your forgiveness. I hope that you are doing well in school and life is treating you well. I pray that you successful and overcome your demons, while drawing closer to Jesus Christ everyday. May you continue to follow your dreams and be the best cadet/officer you can be.

Until next time... Peace out y'all!
Ems

No comments:

Post a Comment