Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Coconut Cookies

As I mentioned in my previous post, the weather in the great NC has been rather fickle. We are just now getting a major heat wave! I have been taking advantage cool weather and been baking like crazy. You don't dare turn the oven on in the summer! Even with air conditioning, cranking an oven to 350 degrees will take the starch out of your undies. 


None the less, I have done more baking this summer than usual. I was sending Alex and my cadets back-to-school goody box and I decided to whip these up. I modified the original recipe from (http://lilluna.com/coconut-oatmeal-cookies-recipe/) They are super soft and very flavorful! Alex rated them an 8 out of 10

The Goods:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 - 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 cups oatmeal
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 package chocolate chips 
The Details:

1. Cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.



3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.




 4. Drop by teaspoon full onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 13 minutes and grab a tall glass of milk!




No comments:

Post a Comment