Monday, August 19, 2013

Rainy Day Crafting & Sneak Peak!

It's the middle of August. It should be 100+ degrees and people running from air conditioned building to the next. Not this summer....

View from the porch

 It has rained and rained and rained. Oh and did I mention, it's rained! Considering the temperatures haven't been over 90 and it's been a summer you can go outside and enjoy, the rain is most welcome! But the crops around us have suffered horribly. The tobacco was so small and withered, it was harvested early and it there wasn't much to harvest. The rest of the fields flooded out so nothing could be brought in. We only had ONE watermelon this year! (most times we have  five or six) 





Even the porch plants keep flooding
 Since it is ANOTHER rainy day and the boys have gone back to school, I took advantage of the quiet to do some crafting/sewing for myself and the shop. (Cue Hans Zimmer on Pandora!) I'm trying to add more jewelry and hair accessories. I have only had two sales so far, which is a bit discouraging but I'm reading and researching how to run an Etsy shop. I'm staying positive, I'm not ready to close up shop just yet!

The work station


















So, on for the sneak peak!


Stay dry and happy crafting!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment