Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Updates and Life Changes....

In the three months since I last posted, life has changed drastically for me. Some for the good, others not so much.

The good!
First, I graduated from my community college. Yeah, go me!
Second, I have been traveling non-stop! First I went to Missouri to visit my best friends from high school, Roni and Jenny. We hadn't been together as a trio in almost four years. It was like we never left off....

Stuck at the top of the Arch with best friends from high school


My cousins and greatest friends I could ask for


Then I went in for oral surgery. Long story short, I have bad genes. So I had preventive surgery. Synopsis, I starved but have amazing gums now! Then the boyfriend came for a visit. Two weeks with my man (the most we have EVER spent together) was pure bliss. Though, I was thoroughly disappointed when his family said we could light fireworks off on the 4th of July. They live in the "country" but have a home owner's association, so they aren't allowed to shoot fireworks off. (Yes, yes I know, I snorted with disgust as well)

The bad....
There has been a LOT of negativity and unrest in my life. Most of it was coming from work. Long story short, I felt it was time for me to move on and begin looking for jobs in my future career field. This was not an easy move, given the fact I had worked at the shop for five years. But to everything there is a season and mine had ended.

I also had a lot of self-questioning. What was I doing with my life? Was I making a difference? Was I doing what I was supposed to be doing? After leaving the shop in June, it has given me some time to help momma around the house and to clear my head. Thank Jesus for my amazing boyfriend. He saw this "crisis" coming for awhile and has been with me through every step of the way. He has given me books to read that help me understand what my gifts and strengths are and how to use them to search for the ideal job. It's been made apparent I didn't understand myself and it was contributing to my discontent. So, in these couple weeks here is what I have discovered about myself:

I am compassionate/caring
I am empathetic
I love to teach and develop others
I need routine and organization to be successful in my activities/day-to-day life
I can adapt to situations as needed
I am a "here and now" person not a long range planner
I'm an introvert and more reserved
I dislike confrontation and arguments
I'm optimistic
I love being creative and working with bright colors and different textures

After everything went down, I started looking for a part time job. I found one teaching at Joann's and I love it! I'm also applying to work as a part time receptionist at the radio station I intern at and I started my own Etsy shop. (There is a link below and on the right sidebar)

Needless to say, I feel 100% more positive about myself and where I am going with life. I can help momma work on house projects, I am pursuing different things I always have wanted to and life is just great!

One thing you may have also noticed is that my blog name has changed. I felt that with this "new start" in life, I needed a new start with my blog as well. I'm not a "transplant" anymore, I found geology on my family that shows we are from the South. I am a Carolina Southern Belle. Too many girls are trying to be "southern country girls" and it is so fake. Few understand the lifestyle beyond cowboy boots and camo. True, they are part of it, but that isn't the majority. You will see the real southern country deal here. I have not always been myself in these posts, but I will be from now on. I will ramble of anything and everything in life. From what I wear and make to what I cook, it's 100% me.

Thanks to everyone who has followed me through the ups and downs! I love y'all to pieces

Love,
~Ems 

No comments:

Post a Comment