Sunday, January 20, 2013

Long time, no post!

Hi y'all!
I know I promised a December facial series and I did have every intention of sharing the fabulous skin care reciepes I found.

Until I got sick for two weeks...

And Christmas/New Year's hit....

And Alex came to visit....

And class started....

AND I got sick again....


Needless to say, life (and the month of December!) sped by before I realized it. So, here is a slight synopsis of what has been going on!

Christmas and New Year's really blur together. The boys and I got up early (6am, ugh!) Christmas morning to make waffles, sausage and bacon for breakfast. We are trying to start a new tradition where the kids make breakfast, we eat and read the Christmas story as a family before we go open presents. The presents of course were wonderful mess of wrapping paper and squeaks of excitement. I really had a ball giving everyone their gifts this year. I planned ahead and took Grandma gift shopping for the day in mid-November. (I bribed her with Olive Garden ;D) Normally we have company on Christmas day, but all of our guests bailed at the last minute so we just laid around the house.

Alex came down a couple days after Christmas, which was super exciting! We originally weren't going to be able to spend Christmas break together, but we ended up getting a week together. We left Sunday after church and Jake, he and I spent New Year's with his family. They had a big party. Like huge. Jake and I were on people overload for about four days after that. It was good to get to spend some time with his family all in all.

Then class started. It is my LAST class of my LAST semester for my associate's in art. I cannot wait to be done. I really enjoy the freedom I have to concentrate on the homework (which can get intense at times) I can concentrate more on my sewing, knitting and other things I have been wanting to do/learn but haven't been able to because school sucks all my time. It's nice transitioning into a slower pace of life. I will be enrolling in an online sewing school and an online school somewhere and hopefully I will start up either this fall or next spring. I'm looking at majoring in communications but everything is still up in the air as far as what I want to do. I would love to do something in the sewing or fashion field, which is why I am starting the online sewing school. I'm really excited and cannot wait to see what happens =)

So my dear readers, life (as you can tell) as been busy. I am getting into a rythm where I know what to expect for each week and I hope to start blogging once, if not twice, a week.

As a teaser, keep an eye out for my upcoming Infinity Scarf tutorial and giveaway!

Love y'all!
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment