Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Winter facial: Oatmeal Mask/Scrub

Who doesn't love a bit of pampering? After taking (and aceing!) one of my finals today I decided to do a bit of pampering to my face. Since "winter" has come to North Carolina (huge joke, it may get 50 degrees at the chilliest) my face has become really dry. Moisturizer hasn't done jack to help ease the pain of my cracking skin. So I dug around online for a homemade face mask that was supposed to help with dry skin.

Oh, lordy day this one is a surefire winner! Not only is it made from everyday ingredients, it makes your skin feel amazing.





Oatmeal Mask/Scrub (Makes 2)
1 Tablespoon oatmeal (I used Old Fashioned, do not use Instant!)
2 teaspoons yogurt
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine all ingredients together, you will end up with an odd looking paste like this:

 
 
Gently slather it all over your face. Once your face is completely coated let sit for 10-15 minutes. The mask won't get "hard" but it will firm up a bit.
 
 
 


(Yes, you will look ridiculous. I did mine while the only person home with me was Jake. And he was napping)

After time is up, take a warm rag and gently scrub in circular motions. This will allow the oatmeal to act like a scrub and get that nasty dirt out of your pores. Rinse face clean.

Tadaaa!!! Enjoy how amazing your skin feels

Before and after I masked. I can tell my face is a shade lighter and feels like it too.

 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm also going to post a weekly homemade scrub and/or mask throughout all of December and part of January. So check back in every Wednesday for a winter's worth of face pampering!
 
Love y'all!
~Emma

1 comment:

  1. Lillian makes fun of me whenever I try a new mask... ;)

    ReplyDelete