Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring projects

With only one class this semester, I have been able to do a lot of sewing and knitting. Most of what I make I have been giving away, but I did get a few pictures of my recent projects.


 I made Fuzz this hat for Christmas and he loves it. So does Jake...So I'm currently in the process of knitting one for Jake.







I found the pattern over at Stephanie Knits. The only thing I did differently was use size 7 DPN and I increased the length from 5.5" to 6". The boys said that it covered their ears and fit better.
 
I got bit by the quilting bug too ;) I started five quilts within the last nine months, and I have gotten about two quilted and completely finished....One was a personal quilt, that I currently can't find. The other was a "What Cancer Cannot Do" quilt for a friend of our's. 
 

 
Mrs. Kim's quilt and Momma's I quilted for her





 
 
 
I have been doing a lot of quilting on a the quilting frame at work. Honestly, I'm in love with the set up! It is so easy to use and it's not as expensive as a the higher end machines. But....I can't afford the $7,000 price tag it comes with. Oh, well....
 
 
 
 
 
 
There is a story behind this cancer quilt. Mrs. Kim is our old neighbor from when we lived on Fort Bragg. We would all hang out, grill during the summer and get into all kinds of misadventures with Mrs. Kim and her family. Eventually, we all moved (due to Army PCS) but we still kept in touch. It was around Christmas time that Mrs. Kim called Momma saying she was going to the doctor because she was in so much pain. A couple months later, she called Momma again and said that she had cancer. I don't want to go into too many details, but basically Mrs. Kim more than likely going to pass away....We are all praying for a miracle and hoping for the best. That is why I made this quilt for her. Momma is going down to visit her sometime soon and will be taking this to give to her.
 
The quilt is a free pattern over at Block Party Studios. It's super easy and doesn't take much fabric at all!
 
Love,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment